Never argue about politics or religion on the internet! Well, really, they’re the same thing. But so are arguments about atheism. And comics. And sports. And movies. And unix text editors. It’s not really religion; it’s religiosity! Wayne and Mav are joined by Danny Anderson of The Sectarian Review Podcast to discuss the way in which religious devotion (to either actual religious faith or other aspects of pop culture) influence our behavior and identities and how we justify our behavior and identities by restructuring our religion.
And what does that have to do with politics, DC Comics, and sex? We swear it all makes sense!
Citations and Links:
- This episode’s Call for Comments
- DC Bombshells vol. 1 by Marguerite Bennet and Marguerite Sauvage
- The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
- “Alumnae question Franciscan University of Steubenville’s commitment to Title IX” by Jenn Morson
- “Wrestling with Anti-Semetism” by Pete Vere
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast, @chrismaverick, and @wayne_wise
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow Wayne’s Personal Blog: http://wayne-wise.com
- Follow Danny Anderson’s Sectarian Review Podcast: https://www.sectarianreviewpodcast.com