The antihero… just like the hero… except he can kill. Wait… heroes kill too now. In fact they always have. Well maybe it’s that the antihero swears… Actually, heroes swear now too. Is it that the antihero operates outside of the law? Nope, that’s true of heroes too. Well what is it then, and why does everyone love them so much? In a special live show from Mt. Aloysius College’s 2018 MAC Charity Con, Mav and Katya are joined by Danny Anderson of the Sectarian Review Podcast to discuss the nature of the antihero and the vigilante. What’s the difference? Do they exist in real life? Why do like them? And what do they say about us as a culture that we do? And yes, that is a picture of Trump in the thumbnail… we wonder if that makes sense or not.
Citations and Links:
- This episode’s Call for Comments
- Watchmen by Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons
- Captain America and the Crusade against Evil: The Dilemma of Zealous Nationalism by Robert Jewett & John Shelton Lawrence
- The Revolution was Televised by Alan Sepinwall
- The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme. Buy his new album, Inivisible Zombie Movie, on Bandcamp.
- Listen to Danny Anderson’s Sectarian Review Podcast: https://www.sectarianreviewpodcast.com. Including the most recent episode, with Mav as guest.
- Follow Katya on Instagram: @justthatnerdkid
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Make sure you subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review.