We’ve always had a tag on our show of “the weekly pseudo-academic roundtable with drinking and swearing” but honestly, it’s usually more of the latter. We might be drinking while we record the show, but it really has no bearing on the listener Honestly, the alcohol is usually incidental. Not this week! This week we learn about alcohol… from the experts. Mav and special guest host, Meron Langsner are joined by wine whiskey expert Patrick Marran and wine sommelier Kristen Lee Sergeant to discuss alcohol and the culture surrounding it: everything from tastings to production to the ways in which social class and race are baked in to the enjoyments of it and how the culture of alcohol is similar and different from other pop culture worlds. Join us and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Citations and Links:
- This episode’s Call for Comments
- Wine & Hiphop podcast
- Jazz’n’Juice podcast
- Slippery Slope podcast
- Two Notes Wine
- Bar Rover
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Meron on Twitter: @MeronLangsner
- Follow Patrick on Twitter: @PatMarran
- Follow Kristen on Instagram: @klsergeant
- Follow Patrick’s website: https://www.patrickmarran.com
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Please Subscribe to our new YouTube channel!
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!