Today we change focus and discuss something a little more serious than most of our topics. Mav is away on vacation this week, so Wayne is joined by Marcel Walker of the Holocaust Center in Pittsburgh, PA and Rochel Gasson of Duquesne University to discuss a very important and personal project that Wayne and Marcel both worked on. Chutz-Pow!, a comic book series detailing the biographies of real life survivors of the Holocaust. Rather than talk about the horror and tragedy of the Holocaust, it is Chtuz-Pow’s mission to focus on people who engaged in genuine acts of heroism during this time. Wayne, Marcel and Rochel speak about the genesis of the project, the personal stories of the survivors and the importance of these narratives and historical biography in general. Please join us for a very special, and hopefully very educational episode of Vox Podcast and let us know what you think.
Citations and Links:
- This episode’s Call for Comments
- Order Chutz-Pow! from the Pittsburgh Holocaust Center
- Mina-Loy: Navigating the Avant-Garde
- Marcel Walker’s website.
- this weeks bumper uses clips from Schindler’s List
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast, @chrismaverick, and @wayne_wise
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow Wayne’s Personal Blog: http://wayne-wise.com