This week we’re going to try something a little different on the show. We’ve been mentioning in the past few weeks that we several of the hosts and our most frequent guests are all gearing ups for our big annual pop culture academia conference, PCA. In the past, we’ve had shows where we presented our papers, and we usually do a show where we have kind of a PCA afterparty with some of our friends at the conference. But this year, we thought it might be interesting to do a little peak behind the curtain at what goes in to preparing a conference paper. So, Mav, Hannah, Wayne and Monica got together with returning guest (and first time PCA presenter) Stephanie Siler to do a paper workshop. Besides just being a weekly pseudo academic pop culture analysis roundtable with drinking and swearing, VoxPopcast is also sort of an academic support community. We often pitch ideas at each other and help each other work on tricky concepts in our research. So we decided to do our paper workshop session on the air. So join us this week, as we fill each other in on our topics for this year, try to help each other expand them, share our rough thoughts that are going to be turned into more concrete ideas that you might hear about next week, and give you a look at the conference paper writing process. Then let us know what you think in the comments below.
Citations and Links:
- Mav and Wayne’s papers from last year on YouTube!
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Monica on Instagram: @monicamarvelous
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!