Wakanda Forever, the sequel to Black Panther, is finally here. Obviously we have to talk about it. Due to the unfortunate passing of Chadwick Boseman, this movie sort of had built in cultural appeal from the very start. We knew that going in. However, it also somehow managed to be a lot more than that. On today’s episode, Mav and Wayne are joined by returning guest AJ Ortega, to not only review the film but to talk about its quite unique views it takes on tension between African and Chicano identity and diaspora as well as talk about what it means to have the legacy of a deceased actor be as big (or bigger than) the role that they embody. Listen and let us know your thoughts.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Katya on Instagram: @justthatnerdkid
- Follow Monica on Instagram: @monicamarvelous
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!