It’s Oscar season. Every year Hollywood gets all aflutter to have a night where they celebrate… themselves. Nothing screams pop culture like a room full of millionaires giving each other awards in recognition of how culturally relevant they are. In many ways, it is magical in its ridiculousness. And yet we love it. Or at least Mav and Monica do. Katya and Wayne couldn’t care less. And long time listeners will remember that Hannah swore off the Oscars a couple years ago when Green Book won. However, that was then, this now. And now, we live in a world where Everywhere, Everything, All at Once, one of Hannah’s favorite movies, is nominated for a bunch of awards… and so she asked…. nay, she DEMANDED!!! that we do an Oscar show so that she could have a predictions ballot. And so Monica and Mav grudgingly complied and we are here for her. That’s our story and we are sticking to it. So join us as we preview and predict the 2023 Academy Awards. Hear what each of us thinks are going to be the winners in every category and either play against us, or use our picks to help you win your office pool. Either way, let us know what you think in the comments below.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Monica on Instagram: @monicamarvelous
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS