Last weekend Disney released their most recent in an ever expanding series of live action reboots of animated classics. This time they chose the Little Mermaid, and it seems to be gaining a pretty good measure of success. However that’s not always the case, in fact some of them have been panned pretty hard critically or commercially. And yet, because they’re easy content to market they just keep happening and there is certainly going to be more. But is there anything more to them? On this week’s episode, Hannah and Mav welcome returning guest Corinne Matthews to talk about Disney reboots and how they fit into the greater world of nostalgia culture. Why are there so many of them? What makes them good or bad and what do we have to learn from them? Listen and let us know if you agree in the comments.
Citations and Links:
- This episode’s Call for Comments
- “Every Live Action Disney Remake Ranked!” by Dan Murrell
- National Network of Abortion Funds
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Corrine on Twitter: @Corinne_Kathryn
- Follow The SLL podcast on Twitter: @SexLoveLit
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!