Last week the fifth (and supposedly final) Indiana Jones movie, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, finally hit theaters to substantially mixed reviews and audience reaction. Some have complained that it isn’t really giving them the vibe they were looking for out of an Indiana Jones movie while others have said it was a return to form and gives them exactly what they wanted out of the swan song of the franchise. Even the hosts of our show are all across the board on this one. So, on today’s episode Hannah, Mav, Monica and Wayne talk about the new movie, as well as the franchise as a whole, its historical significance and its connection to other literature. Listen and let us know your thoughts.
Citations and Links:
- This episode’s Call for Comments
- Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures
- Blitzed: Drugs in Nazi Germany by Norman Ohler
- Crime and Empire: The Colony in Nineteenth-Century Fictions of Crime by Upamanyu Pablo Mukherjee
- She by H. Rider Haggard
- H. RIDER HAGGARD Ultimate Collection
- Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation
- National Network of Abortion Funds
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Monica on Instagram: @monicamarvelous
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcastGRRRR!!!
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!