Some fandoms just claw their way into pop culture and steadily grow. Agatha Christie’s Hercule Poirot may have never been the largest pop culture figure, but he’s been in the zeitgeist for more than 100 years. While not as well known as Sherlock Holmes, he’s arguably just as important to the mystery genre and arguably even more so. On today’s episode Hannah and Monica are joined by returning guests Stephanie Siler and Lindsay Mahowald as well as new guest Tiffany Babb to discuss Poirot from the novels to the films to the TV shows as well as the ways in which he remains a relevant cultural force both for the early 20th century and today.
Citations and Links:
- “Poirot’s moustache: I will never forgive Kenneth Branagh for giving it a back story“
by Tiffany Babb
- Support the National Network of Abortion Funds
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Lindsay on Instagram: @lindsay_loves_memes
- Following Tiffany on Instagram: @explodingarrow
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Monica on Instagram: @monicamarvelous
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!