Do you think we can review every movie coming out next year… before we’ve seen any of them… with no real knowledge…. in one hour? Well, just you wait! Welcome to the 2019 Box Office Draft Special! Back before we started this show, Mav decided that no matter what he wanted to steal the yearly fantasy game that our friends over at The Protagonist Podcast play. It works like this: Before New Years, the hosts take turns drafting movies that are scheduled to be released in the next year in a fantasy snake draft. Scoring works by taking the US domestic box office for each film multiplied by the Rotten Tomatoes critic score percentage. Money can only be earned in 2019, so any films that come out at the end of the year only count the money that they have amassed by December 31st. Then, throughout the year we will periodically check in to see who has amassed the highest total.
This is the draft special. Each of the four hosts (Mav, Wayne, Katya and Hannah) drafts fifteen films and tries to explain why they made each pick by reviewing a movie that they not only haven’t seen yet, but in many cases, probably hasn’t yet completed production. They’re joined by Mav’s wife Stephanie who is acting as draft coordinator and referee and who totally promises not to cheat… at least not to help Mav.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Katya on Instagram: @justthatnerdkid
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow Wayne’s Personal Blog: http://wayne-wise.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Make sure you subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!