Do you remember the song that was playing when you had your first kiss, lost your virginity, or danced at your wedding? Do you know what movie that you crowded around the TV to watch as a family every holiday as a kid? Do you have fond memories of the vacation you took in the photo that is your wallpaper on your computer? Chances are you can answer yes to some of those questions. In fact, it’s quite possible that you experienced a sense of nostalgia even hearing me ask those questions. Of course you didn’t hear me! You read what I wrote… or maybe you think you heard me. Then again maybe not. We use media to encode thoughts and memories. But what are thought and memory anyway?
On today’s show Mav, Wayne and Katya are joined by returning guest Stephanie Siler to discuss the nature of memory. What is it? How does it work? And why do we associate certain life events of our own to the media we consumed at the time we experienced them. And somehow we also talk about Batman! And it was relevant. Listen to this weeks episode and then let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Check Out Stephanie’s Educational Resource Project at: http://isptutor.org
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Katya on Instagram: @justthatnerdkid
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow Wayne’s Personal Blog: http://wayne-wise.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Please Subscribe to our new YouTube channel!
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!