There’s no shortage of movies, TV shows, comics and other media that are “gritty reboots” of older series or property. Sometimes these are official reboots, like the reimagining of Battlestar Galactica or like Riverdale, the greatest show on television. Other times, these are conceptual reimaginings, sharing a thematic inspiration but being given the gritty treatment. It’s certainly a common trend, but it left his with a weird question… just what is a gritty reboot anyway? What makes something “gritty?” On today’s episode, Mav, Hannah and Wayne are joined by returning guest Corinne Matthews of the Sex, Love and Literature podcast to discuss the concept of gritty literature, what is it, and why is it good or bad or even popular. Listen and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Corrine on Twitter: @Corinne_Kathryn
- Follow The SLL podcast on Twitter: @SexLoveLit
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!