We have probably mentioned on previous episodes that Monica worked at a museum. We’ve also mentioned once or twice that Wayne was on the board of a museum. And really, one would assume that anyone who listens to this show has probably been to a museum or two at some point in their lives. Probably many more in fact. BUT… one thing that we probably never consider is… How do Museums Work? We all know what museums do… they hold artwork that we all get to look at…. but how does the artwork get there? How do you curate an exhibit? What other considerations go into it? On this week’s show, Monica, Wayne and Mav welcome other museum staff Meghan Hansen and Marcel Walker to talk about how museum procurement, curation, and exhibition works. There’s a lot more that goes into it than probably anyone ever thinks. Listen and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Visit Marcel Walker’s website
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Monica on Instagram: @monicamarvelous
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcastGRRRR!!!
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!