Think about your favorite book, video game, or comic. Who do you think should play the protagonist in the movie? Chances are you have a pretty good idea. Chances are also that if someone already has adapted your favorite character into a film, they didn’t pick your perfect choice. Maybe it turned out great, maybe not, but either way, you know that somehow your choice would have been better. Or maybe you don’t have any idea. Or maybe Hollywood did choose right. Maybe, somehow, against all odds, they even changed YOUR mind about the way you saw the character before. On today’s show, Mav and Wayne are joined by returning guests Stephanie Siler and Matthew Brake to talk about the way we cast actors in our head canon for our favorite stories and the tension that creates when we compare it to whatever happened when movie adaptations went against our expectations. Give it a listen and let us know what you think! And as per Wayne’s request at the end of the episode, don’t forget to fan cast the hosts of our show.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- See Wayne at A Night of Graphic Novels at Butler County Community College
- Check Out Stephanie’s Educational Resource Project at: http://isptutor.org
- Learn about θeocon
- Follow Matthew at Pop Culture & Theology
- Follow Matt on Twitter: @PopAndTheology
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow Wayne’s Personal Blog: http://wayne-wise.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!