it’s pretty safe to say Disney has a chokehold on popular culture in America, and to a lesser extent the entire world. Once again, the Powers that Be, as it were, has delivered down unto us yet another installment in the modern epic that is the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But, do we have to talk about it? Of course we do! And so, Mav, Wayne, and Katya welcome returning guests Marcel Walker and Anthony Kingdom James Ruttgaizer to discuss Disney+ and Marvel’s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Join us as we review the series and deep dive into its effectiveness both at reflecting its central themes of race, class, nationalism, and legacy as well as look into the ways in which the show, and is working to change the current state of the MCU to make it more culturally relevant. Listen and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Citations and Links:
- This episode’s Call for Comments
- Kingdom’s YouTube review of the first two episodes of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- Mav’s blog on Falcon first becoming Captain America in the comics
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Listen to Kingdom’s Podcast: The Handsome Genius Club
- Visit Marcel Walker’s website
- Order Chutz-Pow! from the Pittsburgh Holocaust Center
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Katya on Instagram: @justthatnerdkid
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow Wayne’s Personal Blog: http://wayne-wise.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Please Subscribe to our new YouTube channel!
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS