It’s the PCA-2021 recap show! In many ways, Popular Culture Association(PCA) national conference is responsible for this show. One of the things we’ve always strived for is to have the kind of wide variety of cultural scholarship that is found there as well as the open and inclusive vibe and ideology that the organization and its members strive for. It is a favorite conference of the hosts of our show. After being forced to take one year off due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PCA returned last weekend as a virtual conference. Mav and Wayne both attended and presented. On today’s show, they welcome returning guest (and our first ever guest, right on the tail of the PCA2018 conference) John Darowski as well as our new friends Maggie Yankovich and Christina Kolias to discuss their experiences at PCA2021, and why these types of events are important to the study of popular culture and academia in general. Listen and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Citations and Links:
- Order John’s new book (featuring Mav), Adapting Superman: Essays on the Transmedia Man of Steel
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Christina’s Website: https://www.christinafkolias.com
- Follow Christina on Instagram: @christina_f_kolias
- Follow Maggie on Instagram: @frankenlibrarian
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow Wayne’s Personal Blog: http://wayne-wise.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Follow us on YouTube: http://youtube.com/voxpopcast
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!