As we transition from the fall holidays through the winter ones we’ve noticed that there was a bunch of pop culture things have just fallen through the cracks. Like, really a WHOLE lot of them. And what do you do when you have a bunch of odds and ends left over from Thanksgiving that don’t quite warrant a meal on their own, but you still have to make dinner to feed your family? You mix them all together and you make a casserole. That’s the kind of theory we wanted to bring to this week’s episode. It’s a pop culture casserole, so to speak.
On this week’s show, Monica, Hannah, Katya and Mav get together to discuss a bunch of recent happenings in pop culture… everything from the series finale of Supergirl to “how is Joe Biden’s presidency going?” We draw parallels between recent events and we connect them to cultural happenings of the last few years. Come on, admit it… you’re looking at the episode artwork and wondering “What does the movie Cats and the musical Hamilton have to do with Zazie Beetz and Prince Charles?” That’s what a pop culture casserole is all about. Throw everything together bake it… (or half bake it?) and see what happens. So listen and let us know what you think.
Citations and Links:
- Transcript of Ridley Scott’s “millennium” interview with Deadline
- Catch Mav and Hannah on last week’s episode of There Was an Idea
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Katya on Instagram: @justthatnerdkid
- Follow Monica on Instagram: @monicamarvelous
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!