Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! If you’ve been listening to this show for a while then you know that the winter holidays mean that we celebrate a certain tradition on our show. Welcome to our annual cheesy Christmas movies special! Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, chances are you’ve seen the emergent genre that is the Cheesy Christmas movie. As we’ve said in previous years, at this point, the Cheesy Christmas Movie is its own unique genre. It’s not just a romcom and it’s not just a holiday movie. Due in large part to the tireless work of Netflix, Lifetime and the Hallmark channel, the Cheesy Christmas movie has evolved into… a holiday juggernaut that one day will engulf ALL OF MEDIA! Just you wait, it will happen! On this years show, Mav, Hannah and Monica are joined by our guest Dr. Gwen Tarbox to review this year’s crop of films, talk all about what makes genre unique and important and discuss the actual college level course that she designed that specifically deals with this genre… because yes… this really is a thing! So listen and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Gwen on Twitter: @GATarbox
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Monica on Instagram: @monicamarvelous
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!