This week saw the end of the Disney+ Star Wars series Obi-Wan Kenobi, a show devoted to… actually it’s really hard to talk about. Arguably, one of the biggest problems with the Kenobi tv show is that it is arguably impossible to talk about without spoilers. But it’s over now… so we’re going to spoil it! On this week’s show, Hannah, Mav and Wayne are joined by returning guest Marcel Walker to talk all about Kenobi, and how it fits into the Star Wars franchise as a whole, as well as break down what works and doesn’t work about both this show and what appears to be the current business plan for producing Star Wars properties going forward. We talk about some of the themes of this series, the social politics and ideology of Star Wars overall, and why it seems to maintain cultural relevance for going on five decades and counting. And of course we’re going to talk spoilers… a LOT! So listen and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Visit Marcel Walker’s website
- Order Chutz-Pow! from the Pittsburgh Holocaust Center
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!