It’s that time again. Ever since we started this show, we’ve been in something of a renaissance of Christmas Movies. It all started with films by the likes of the Hallmark Channel, but it has since spread to other networks, perhaps most notably Netflix. In the last few years we’ve made it a habit of reviewing the new crop every year and talking about the themes that were emerging and what they meant for culture. We continue that tradition this year as Monica, Hannah and Mav review some of their favorite new Christmas movies and explain why you should try to catch them this holiday season.
Citations and Links:
- “Hallmark vs. Great American Family: Who’s Winning the Holiday Movie War?” by Brett White
- “Christmas Time Is Here! A Must-Have Guide to 150+ Original Holiday Movies on Netflix, Hallmark, Lifetime and More” by Ryan Schwartz
- National Network of Abortion Funds
- UAW-UC Academic Workers Strike Support and Hardship Fund
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Monica on Instagram: @monicamarvelous
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!