Everyone is talking about Velma. It’s not exactly clear why. Most people don’t seem to like it that much. But if you don’t pay attention to what anyone is saying, and you just judge sheerly based on attention that they By sheer numbers of think pieces you might think that Velma is the most popular show on television right now. It’s not. Pretty much all of the think pieces are negative. And if you’d read them, you’d think that Velma is the worst TV show ever made. That’s not true either. It has a very mediocre 42% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not great, but not abysmal either. Really, it’s just kind of there. But why is it getting so much attention?
On this week’s episode, Mav welcomes back returning guests Nicole Freim and Sarah Presogna (who actually likes the show) to talk about Velma and “edgy” content. Join us as we discuss everything from South Park to 90s comics to George Santos for some reason and then let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Citations and Links
- This episode’s Call For Comments
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Order Sarah’s plant pressings: Ecobota.com
- Follow Nicole on Twitter: @nfreim
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS