There’s a lot of roles for old guys in media these days. Or rather, not just roles for old guys, there’s a lot of roles for characters that we’ve seen grow older in their movies and TV shows. For instance, there’s an Indiana Jones movie floating around theaters at time of recording, as well as a Secret Invasion TV show staring Nick Fury and the recently completed Picard series. And there’s perhaps the most constant currently realtime-aging character on television, Olivia Benson of Law & Order: SVU. This is not a new development, after all, Gunsmoke starred James Arness as Marshall Matt Dillon from 1955 until 1994 and it’s a common occurrence on daily soap operas. On this week’s episode, Wayne and Mav are joined by returning guest Marcel Walker to talk about the significance of watching a character age onscreen over the course of several decades. Plus, Mav’s brief no spoiler reviews of Barbie and Oppenheimer! Listen and let us know your thoughts and if you have any good examples that we missed.
Citations and Links:
- This episode’s Call for Comments
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Visit Marcel Walker’s website
- Order Chutz-Pow! from the Pittsburgh Holocaust Center
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcastGRRRR!!!
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!