Do you like to knit? Paint? Build stuff? Sew? Bake? Garden? Work on your own car? Maybe you don’t do any of those things, but chances are you have some kind of craft type thing that you enjoy which frankly, you could probably pay someone to do, but really you just enjoy doing it yourself. Maybe it’s cheaper. Maybe you’re really good at it. Or maybe, you just enjoy the experience. On this week’s episode, Mav, Hannah and Katya discuss the concept of “making” and do-it-yourself. Why do we enjoy hobbies that basically amount to “doing someone else’s job for free” and why are we so insanely proud of ourselves when we do? Listen and let us know if you agree and give us your thoughts on making and crafting and DIY stuff in the comments below.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Katya on Instagram: @justthatnerdkid
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!