It’s Black Friday week. There’s simply no way you don’t know that. Even if you’re not from the United States, where we just had Thanksgiving, if you’re on the Internet and listening to our show you are at least aware of the Black Friday sales that have just become pervasive throughout the world. But how did we get here? On today’s show Hannah and Mav welcome back returning guest Stephanie Siler and new guest Jonathan Alexandratos to talk about the history of Black Friday, the culture surrounding it, and the craziness of the violence involved, particularly with toy riots. Have you ever been to a Black Friday sale? Would you ever go again? What are your thoughts? Listen and let us know in the comments.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Jonathan on TikTok: @DanceWithToys and see them in the film Billion Dollar Babies, now in select theaters
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!