Can you tell the difference between Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Gucci, and Versace? What about Michael Kors, Tom Ford, Alexander McQueen and Jimmy Choo? Do you even know who these people are? In all likelihood you read that list and knew that those are some of the biggest brands in luxury fashion. Or, if you didn’t know that, chances are you think that fashion is really stupid. Either way, this episode is probably for you. On today’s show, Monica, Katya and Mav are joined by fashion historian Daniella Hernandez to talk about luxury fashion and the complicated culture surrounding it from the complex relationship between designers and fashion houses to labor practices to cultural influences, to environmental footprints, to the connection to dark money funding global terrorism and a little bit of an ethics lesson. Yep, that’s right. This one has everything! Listen as we walk you thtough the complex history of fashion and why you should probably embrace… and also reject fashion. Then let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Daniella on instagram: @danidawg
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Katya on Instagram: @justthatnerdkid
- Follow Monica on Instagram: @monicamarvelous
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!