We’ve talked about nostalgia on the show before. In fact, we did it all the way back on our second ever episode. Remember that? The thing is, when we usually talk about nostalgia, we’re usually talking about media that is aimed at tickling our appreciation for the familiar and giving us more of something we’ve been demanding. What happens when you produce a nostalgia take on something no one actually wants? On today’s episode, Mav, Monica and Wayne talk about media reboots of films, TV shows and even comics that seem to focus on continuing IP over any type of story or really desire of the fanbase. Disney seems to be very fond of this lately with a succession of “live action reboots” of “classic cartoons” however, with the recent announcement of the reboot of the barely seven-year-old film Moana one has to worry is there any sense to this at all? On this episode we talk it out. Join us and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Citations and Links:
- This episode’s Call for Comments
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Monica on Instagram: @monicamarvelous
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcastGRRRR!!!
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS