Pop Culture is a double edges sword. The more we love a certain type of media, the more of it we absorb. But the more we absorb, the more we notice some of the tropes that are frequently repeated. And the more we notice those tropes, the more likely we are to eventually get annoyed with them. So in the end, whatever it is you love… ultimately ends up often annoying the hell out of you. On today’s episode, Hannah, Mav, Katya and Wayne get together to discuss the their biggest pet peeves in media. From manic pixie dream girls to killing dogs to love triangles to status quo resets, what are the things that annoy us the most about the stories we read and movies and tv shows we watch and why do they annoy us so much? And if we are that annoyed, then why do we keep coming back? Listen and let us know what you think in the comments.
Citations and Links:
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Katya on Instagram: @justthatnerdkid
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow Wayne’s Personal Blog: http://wayne-wise.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Please Subscribe to our new YouTube channel!
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!