The year 2020 is over. You’re probably as relieved as we are. Of course the problems with 2020 are largely still with us, but at least getting here feels like SOMETHING has happened. Last year on VoxPopcast, we decided that rather than doing a “best of the year” episode with the greatest movies or books or whatever that came out, it would be more fun to talk about “things you missed.” We talk about pop culture every week. But what were the best things that came out during the year that we haven’t had the chance to talk about yet?
This year, that seems more important than ever. 2020 didn’t have a massive Avengers blockbuster. We didn’t have Olympics or concerts. We had the whole world sitting on their couch and trying not to catch COVID. So on this week’s episode, Hannah, Wayne, Katya and Mav get together to talk about the best things you missed in 2020. Here are reviews of thirty pieces of pop culture content that you maybe haven’t watched, read or listened to, but we think you should! Give it a listen and let us know what you think. Have you read or seen the things we talked about? Do you have additions that even we missed? Did we inspire you to try one of our picks and if so, what did you think? Let us know in the comments.
Citations and Links:
- Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical
- The Other Side of Solitary
- Trixie Mattel on YouTube
- Hamilton but it’s Muppets
- Balenciaga Video Game
- Once and Future by Kieron Gillen, Tamra Bonvillain and Dan Mora
- Something’s Killing the Children by James Tynion IV and Werther Dell’Edera
- Kent State by Derf Backderf
- BOWIE: Stardust, Rayguns, & Moonage Daydreams by Mike Allred, Steve Horton, and Laura Allred
- Utopia Avenue by David Mitchell
- The Duke Who Didn’t by Courtney Milan
- The Vanishing Half by Britt Bennett
- The Ages of the Black Panther edited by Joseph J. Darowski
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Katya on Instagram: @justthatnerdkid
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow Wayne’s Personal Blog: http://wayne-wise.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Please Subscribe to our new YouTube channel!
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!