Last year, all four hosts got together and did a show we called “Bad Things We Love” in which we built a list media that we have some kind of affection for despite our realization that it may not actually be very good. Mav and Hannah thought it’d be fun to do a sequel to that show and come up with a list of more. But… Katya and Wayne went rogue! They rejected the question and argued that “things we love” are inherently good. So on today’s episode we discuss… ummm… well, the nature of loving things. What does it even mean to enjoy (or hate) media? What does it mean to be good or bad? Is it subjective or is there more to it? Can we ever really love a thing? Is it even possible to hate one? Why do these questions matter? On this week’s episode, we get metaphysical and we discuss the nature of… things. Check it out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Citations and Links:
- This episode’s Call for Comments (not that it matters)
- 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die by Robert Dimery
- Thank you to Maximilian’s thoughtForm Music for our theme
- Follow Hannah on Twitter: @hannahleerogers
- Follow Mav on Twitter: @chrismaverick
- Follow Katya on Instagram: @justthatnerdkid
- Follow Wayne on Instagram: @tetroc2017
- Follow Mav’s Personal Blog: http://chrismaverick.com
- Follow Wayne’s Personal Blog: http://wayne-wise.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Instagram: @voxpopcast
- Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/voxpopcast
- Please Subscribe to our new YouTube channel!
- Make sure you subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found and please leave us a review!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS